Friday, December 14, 2012

What Are You Waiting For?

I have always listened in wonderment when friends would say "I'm going to start x,y,a after New Years". It's as though people need 6 or so months to prepare themselves to actually do an act than to actually go ahead and just do. Why do we torture our being with attainable desires that we refuse to just reach out and touch at that moment? Why do we act as those we have forever to make something happen for us instead of just striking when we have a chance?
I use to make excuses about what I wanted or what I planned to do and would most always fall short. Why? I was either not in that frame of mind of needing to do it, meaning I really did not want it. Or I would start and not finish it. It's easy to drop a project and never come back to it. It's easy to speak defeat and be content.
Do don't it. Either start what you have your mind on and finish it or write a list out on paper and see if it's something you really have time to waste on to not see through.

No comments:

Post a Comment