Thursday, August 1, 2013

And So...

I do believe all babies are a beautiful and wonderful thing. Most women have a hard time carrying them, some have trouble conceiving, few can only dream. I have been looking at the news and just looking at how people are gushing over the new royal baby that has been born and I can't help but to think, "Awww....so cute...okay let's move on". Why is there so much emphasis and hoopla over babies who are born to those who are celebrities or in high society. I get more excited for a mother or a celebrity mom who gave birth to a child they never thought they could have. I well up with tears of joy for moms who have undergone traumatic events and still became awesome moms. I just don't get the whole spotlight on a baby's name, first appearance, or whether or not a baby was even conceived naturally (cue Beyonce and Jay-Z) because they are in the spotlight. How about a little dramatics going to kids in the system? A little more empathy towards kids with disabilities? What about kids in general? Remember it takes a village to raise a child? I am just saying....

No comments:

Post a Comment