Friday, March 7, 2014

Learning To Be Free

Hmmmm……Been away for a minute.

Did not want to write. Not because I did not have anything to write about. Not because I just got tired or just really hated writing. Nope. None of those reasons. Wish it was one of those things. It would make what I am about to confess easier.

I wanted to have views, followers, popularity and in my mind, I felt the need to be politically correct. I felt that I needed to tip toe around what I really feel to make my potential viewers comfortable, to be more likable. The crazy thing about all of this is that I usually do not care what others think, or feel about me because I do things according to my views and how I feel, unfortunately, this was not one of them. I think people see through you even in writing because I have views but not much. I have gained a little momentum on my Facebook group page but it has been the same people since I made the page last year.  And honestly, it all feels fake. So why in the hell did I feel the need to do that in the first place? Simple. In the real world, OUTSIDE of this virtual community that we have, I am the woman that doesn't follow the herd like mentality. If I don't agree with the masses, I JUST DO NOT AGREE, PERIOD. I tend to lean on facts than outright emotions. AND that sometimes, does not win me fans. And I am accepting that it is really okay to not have a big fanfare.

I decided to do my blog a little different. The way it should have been done in the first place. From the heart, from the mind. Without thinking of how to put things in a way as to be gentle as a lamb and to be soothing as ocean's waves as to not hurt anyone's feelings or make anyone feel uneasy. My blog is to make you think, feel, react (in a positive manner, I'm hoping), and hopefully uplift and awake you to your full potential, whether you like it or not.

Welcome to my inner thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment